Monday, August 11, 2008

LONG TIME!!!


Izinkan aku berbahasa inggeris blea? hehe....Got some international readers who might not understand malay or my 'pasar' style malay.
Its been a long time since my last post and am sorry for that (if there are any readers). Been quite busy since the semester start. To top it off now i'm the president of IDEAS. LOads and loads of stuff has to be done. Meetings and stuff. I'll just take time to re adjust my timing and make time for blogging.
Well, since the semester start, now i'm in Bachelors Degree Studio 06 Interior Architecture in UiTM Malaysia, a project which is very challenging for me because it involves a deep understanding and creativity. The project is to choose a traditional item (malaysian crafts) and study the meaning behind it. I chose a Dayak item from Sarawak called a Terabai. It is a long shield with pointed ends where there are motives painted on it.
After choosing and studying the subject, we then have to reinterpret the meaning in visual like an example: a fruit which is an apple, and understand its shape and nature..how can we visualize an apple without making it look like an apple figuratively. It has characteristic and feel of an apple but it doesn't look like an apple. To interpret an apple in a sense where it looks conceptually meaningful. I'll tell more about it later on about the project. Right now i'm in the process of developing my ideas with sketches and study model. I'll be updating on it as soon as i can.

And oh yeah...about TIGABELAS..you'll find the details at BOB'S blog..check it out.

A lot of things i missed on writting about for the last month. I'll be updating some more sooner or later.

No comments: